We are currently seeking an Online Learning Technology Manager (Remote and Online) for the Corporate Office of Gurnick Academy. Gurnick Academy is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
The Online Learning Technology Manager works closely with the Director of Information and Online Learning Technology in setting up and monitoring Gurnick’s online course delivery in the Learning Management System (LMS) and integrations with other digital platforms, providing support to Gurnick Online users, including distance education faculty, students, and program heads.
- Fluent English, ability to write/speak clearly and informatively.
- Knowledge and experience creating courses/training for adults using andragogy for on-ground, online, and hybrid environments.
- Experience administering an LMS such as Moodle, Canvas, D2L, or Blackboard at an expert level.
- Experience leading eLearning, LMS administration, or other similar teams.
- Online teaching experience with LMS (e.g. Moodle, Canvas, D2L, Blackboard).
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with and manage multiple personality types.
- Strong time management and prioritization capabilities.
- Ability to bring past experiences to bear on school operations, shares expertise with others.
- Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Google Workspace.
- Ability to lead and motivate those at the academic level at Gurnick to focus and improve the educational process overall.
- Remains open to others' ideas and will consider alternate solutions.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Understands the educational and outcome implications of decisions from programmatic changes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition as they relate both to LMS technologies and options as well as programmatic decisions.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Working hours by Pacific Time.
- Ensure the Gurnick Online site (moodle.gurnick.edu) maintains integrity by performing regular maintenance and updates as necessary.
- Provide necessary support to Gurnick Online users (students, faculty, and managers) with proper resources and directions.
- Provide training on new LMS features and integrations to program heads and instructors.
- Participate in Online Faculty Meetings involving Gurnick Online education.
- Oversee the integration processes of platforms with Gurnick’s LMS‘s.
- Set up courses on LMS (Moodle) for the beginning of each Quarter/Semester. Assist online and residential instructors with the setup of course resources online to help unify the course contents and materials across all six campuses.
- Monitor and maintain a user-friendly interface of the Gurnick LMS sites for all users.
- Assist new Gurnick Online students in properly setting up their Gurnick Online accounts.
- Manage and maintain the integrity of Gurnick Online accounts’ database: monitor the existing accounts, delete old/inactive accounts, and make corrections on current and new accounts.
- In-service new and current Online and Residential instructors at all Gurnick campuses on the use of Gurnick’s LMS for enhancing the residential students’ learning experience and maximizing classroom time efficiency.
- Provide in-service training for Moodle feature updates to all instructors and program heads to maximize LMS usage and efficiency.
- Oversee and maintain integration processes between Gurnick’s LMS (Moodle) and other platforms, including but not limited to eBook delivery platforms, student information systems, and other online resources.
- Administer Gurnick’s Training site advance.gurnick.edu, including maintenance of educational materials for distance education faculty, managers, and administration.
- Assist in Moodle-related duties including, but not limited to the following:
Managing user profiles
Managing roles and permissions
Course backup and restore
Text editors and content filters
Provide user support
Work in a team
Payment in USD
The cover letter for this position is required and must be in English.
In your cover letter, please talk about yourself, your experience for the position, and your accomplishments. It is important to go over each point in the requirements.
Entry added by GEGI LLC
- Thursday, March 31, 2022, 4:36 PM
Last updated - Thursday, March 31, 2022, 4:37 PM