Role: LMS Support Officer
Organisation: Save the Children UK
Department: Humanitarian Leadership Academy (HLA)
Salary: £26,690 - £31,400
This role will support in all aspects of maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the HLA’s learning platforms (Kaya and HPass); working with a number of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that they provide high-quality, relevant, accessible and engaging learning opportunities for the sector, to help fulfil the Save the Children and the HLA’s mission.
- Manage the platform support inboxes, providing first-line technical support to platform users and partners. Ensuring queries are responded to within 1-3 working days and maintaining a high level of user and partner satisfaction.
- Provide support and guidance to HLA colleagues, including resolving technical issues, answering queries and responding to data requests to fulfil monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Develop an understanding of common platform issues/trends and work with the wider Platforms team to develop and test appropriate solutions.
- Ensure all editing users on Kaya and HPass have the appropriate training, guidance and support materials to fulfil their administrative roles and meet minimum standards.
- Upload new content to the platform, and ensure the consistency and quality of existing content in the course catalogue.
- General platform maintenance and updating site copy, including announcements, FAQs and helpstrings.
- Work with the wider Platforms team to ensure appropriate tools and processes are in place, and are being used effectively.
- Ad hoc project support to the Platforms team, as required.
- Contribute to supporting strong ways of working across the team, as well as taking individual responsibility for building an inclusive and supportive team culture.
- Experience in administration of a Learning Management System (LMS), preferably Moodle and/or Totara Learn.
- Familiarity with a range of online/blended learning methodologies, standards and formats that can be set up, managed and maintained using an LMS.
- Experience providing first-line technical support to end-users, partners and/or colleagues.
- Experience in an LMS training environment, developing materials and delivering onboarding and support to other admins.
- Very high digital literacy and ability to quickly adopt new technology and approaches.
- Strong inter-personal, collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Passion and energy to work in pursuit of transforming humanitarian response globally.
Apply for this role via the Save the Children UK website: https://jobs.savethechildren.org.uk/vacancy/lms-support-officer-5821-hybrid-london--remote/5847/description/
Entry added by Cem Gurkan
- Wednesday, March 30, 2022, 5:31 PM
Last updated - Wednesday, March 30, 2022, 5:35 PM